Best Goatee Trimming Tools For A Man's Facial HairShopping for a facial hair trimmer ideal for goatee shaping and styling? Designed exclusively for a man's facial hair removal and management, a Goatee trimmer generally combines both a whisker trimmer and edger functions into one. First, a trimmer to cut the overall Goatee to length. And usually a fine-tooth and narrow edger blade to shape and precisely style the Goatee's edge and contours. Look for goatee trimmers that include a VERY NARROW finishing and detailing blade only a half inch or so wide to really shape and style the edges of the goatee to precision. Removable or adjustable depth guide combs can be set for a short stubble or a fuller bristle, usually to about 1/2" depending on the fullness of goatee you're after.
|Rechargeable Groomer||Complete Gotee Grooming||Beard & Goatee Trimmer|
|Wahl Goatee Groomer
Guide Combs and Edger
|Remington Goat Trimmer
Arc Goatee Detail Blade
|Trym Goatee Groomer
An ideal goatee trimmer will come with several interchangeable facial hair cutting attachments. In addition to a narrow detailing blade, a mini foil shaver head can be really helpful in cleaning the edge of the goatee around the jaw and neckline for those preferring a smooth rather than stubbly goateeed look.
Styling a Full Goatee
For a man who likes to keep a FULL or LONG Goatee -- You may find many of the available goatee trimmer kits just aren't quite the right tool for the job. Even the best goatee trimmer sets are designed for relatively short whisker lengths. Whether they're adjustable-length, or come with a few clipper guide combs, these tend to max out under 3/4 inch. Instead - Look to conventional hair-clipper sets that come with a large range of snap-on guides for maximum length options. Numbered hair-clipper guides are often numbered in 1/8" increments - so a #3 is 3/8, a #8 is a full 1". The more pieces in a set (i.e. a 21 piece hair clipper set) the more likely it'll include guides all the way up to #8.
|Neat-N-Tidy Hair Hacking||Complete Goatee Set With Guides + Finisher||Boss Your Goatee With This!|
|Remington Vac Clipper
With 6 Guide Combs
|Wahl 27 Piece Set
Best Selling Kit!
|Remington Full Set
8 Straight Guides to 1"
Length Adjustment Lever
How to Trim A Goatee
Here's some grooming tips to help shape and trim a goatee to perfection. When doing it yourself:
- Rough cut-in the general shape of your goatee. Be generous so you can refine the goatee shape later.
- Approach the edges very slowly and very carefully. Remember that they shouldn't extend past the smile lines of your face.
- Regardless of kind or style of goatee you're shaping, make sure that both sides match symmetrically.
- Move the razor or clippers in every direction. It may help to wet and re-dry your whiskers, especially if they are naturally curly or wooly.
- Keep the mustache well-defined. You might want to trim a little between the mustache and your nose to nip any stray hairs that tend to grow above your moustache line.
- Use the finest tooth edger to make sharp corners at the jawline and finish detailing with a small round tipped grooming scissor.
- If you use foil or rotary razor, you can shape and clean your cheeks and jowls around the sides of your goatee very cleanly.
Groomers, Clippers and Trimmers For Goatees
A Van Dyke beard is best kept neat. In the days that follow, the stubble might look cool by itself, but eventually the goatee it will start to look messy. Try to keep the rest of your face cleanly shaven and take time to re-trim the goatee if you want to keep it at it's current length. If you have a partner or friend - find someone skilled at trimming hair and have them do the edges (especially the bottom) of your goatee once a week in order to keep the look sharp.